Decorate food, colorize, make shapes
There is the old saying to not play with food. But that doesn’t mean we cannot have fun trying to make them look better or more tempting.
- Be like master chefs – use leftover vegetables such as carrot, celery, basil or parsley at the side of the plate or right next to the meal to prop it up. Onions are also accepted, especially the purple ones.
- Use sauces for decoration: soy, ketchup, normal tomato sauce, mayonnaise or mustard will all do.
- Make rice look more elegant by making it bowl shaped. After you are done with the cooking of the rice get a smaller bowl and put some coconut oil, olive oil or even a tiny bit of butter, to make sure all the inside of the bowl is oily. Then put the rice in the bowl
- Gently push rice inside the bowl and leave it there for a couple of minutes. When the time comes to serve the meal, take the bowl and turn it upside down on the plate.
- Gently pat the sides. If it’s oily enough it would come off very nicely. It’s a little bit like doing a sand castle.
- Use food coloring to make food look more colorful. This works excellent for cookies.